Oh, the sunray / zig zag circle weave is one I learned form the Nicole Hanna Arabian Nights tutorial I posted about in January 2017. I modified her 6 wire one to a 4 wire one for sanity sake. It ended up being a great base to which I could anchor other features or terminate wires.
This is now representing 15 hours of work.
septendec-apus in all its messy, spaghetti bowl glory. I was reminded a bit of Medusa or the live Devil's Snare vines from Harry Potter books when I kept getting coiling wire caught up in it all.
On one side, I used another 2 core wires (0.6 mm ones) to accent Tourmaline beads threaded on a 0.4 mm wire in a circle. This is to decorate the side without the set faceted stones.
The 2-core Nicole Hanna weave was brought to the this side too since it was looking a little plain compared to the opposite side.
On the "front" side, there was the 3 set faceted stones. The 3-core Figure 8 was chunky enough to balance the stones on the other side. I wanted a bit of dark on both sides of the pendant so I used another end to coil and trap a boulder opal bead in place to balance the dark smokey quartz.
If you compare this photo to the right to the front above, you will notice an additional spiral at the bottom. This is the final end of the 3-core Figure 8 decoration. There is also a new spiral at the top which anchors the bail closed.
3 more wires became the base of a 3-core X-wrapped Bail, but I kept the ends poking out on both sides of the pendant to use in spirals to hide the base of the bail which was looking a little rough on both sides.